- Revolutionary idea: Use video lectures to flip the classroom. Make video lectures homework (allow for self-paced learning), and reserve classroom time work on projects and assignments. It humanizes the role of the teacher, which now serves more as a mentor or guide. They just bumped up their one-on-one availability time from 10% to 100%!
- The emergence of peer-to-peer tutoring. Everyone’s mentoring/tutoring participation is tracks so you can gauge how good they will be. The vision is a global, one-world classroom.
- The current system penalizes you for experimentation and mistakes but does not require mastery. The Khan system encourages experimentation until you can master the subject.
- Help teachers diagnose student needs by providing them with a lot of usable data.
- Adding gaming elements to learning–merit badges, leader-boards by areas, motivational incentives, energy points.
- Provides continuity throughout a learner’s education.
- The site is ready to be applied in every classroom in America, tomorrow.