This ID position at Allen Comm is the type of job I’m currently looking into:
Instructional Design Lead
Allen Communication Learning Services creates custom Web-based and blended e-learning solutions for a select corporate clientele. We are currently looking to hire instructional designers, technical writers, creative writers, and educators/trainers as independent contractors and interns as well as full-time, salaried employees. These positions are located in our Salt Lake City office. Telecommuting is not an option. Samples of our work are available at www.allencomm.com.
- Design creative, instructionally sound training solutions within budget and timeline constraints
- Develop training solutions using our in-house Flash/XML authoring environment and industry-standard tools such as Articulate, Lectora, and Captivate
- Collaborate with in-house project managers, graphic designers, and programmers
- Communicate professionally with subject matter experts and other client-side contacts
- Analyze complex technical content and write concise, accurate scripts for online and print use
- Identify technical, visual, and written style standards for each project, and model the type of writing appropriate to the design
- We strongly prefer individuals who have completed or are working toward an MS or MA in a relevant field, such as Instructional Technology or Instructional Systems Design, Interactive Media, Journalism, Communications, English, Technical Writing, and Education.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office applications (especially MS Word)
- Some experience with the following tools: Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Flash, InDesign, SoundForge, Articulate, Lectora, and Captivate
- Knowledge of a foreign language helpful but not required
- Along with your cover letter, please provide a sample of your writing, preferably a sample related to interactive media or instructional design.
- If you are selected for consideration, you will also be required to complete a short writing assignment.
Send resume w/cover letter & salary requirements to email@example.com.