Compared to the iPad, Kindle Fire HD 8.9 looks pretty darn incredible—especially for what I use personal tablets for:
- (40%) Reading (not performance intensive)
- (30%) Media consumption—stream video content from various household servers
- (20%) Internet browsing/communication/social networking
- (10%) Gaming
Professional reviews of Kindle Fire vs. iPad:
- Amazon (Makers of Kindle): Kindle is pretty equitable to iPad in performance (and is improving with software updates).
- Gizmag (3rd Party): Kindle is overall better, but iPad is a better experience for some.
- Nerd (Tech enthusiast): iPad mini is still top dog. Kindle underperforms. Google’s Nexis 7 might be the best investment.